As a community, our learning focus for 2022-2023 will be in three areas:
- Staff will explore beliefs, evidence informed practice and resources in Reading/Writing to design tasks to improve student reading and writing.
- Students will use growth-based assessment language to describe their learning and next steps.
This will help students take ownership of their learning.
Staff will use:
Students will develop social-emotional learning (SEL) skills that will provide them with the ability to navigate challenges at school and in life. This will be guided by the Seven Grandfather Teachings of Truth, Love, Respect, Courage, Honesty, Humility, and Wisdom.
- clear learning intentions
- co-created success criteria around meaningful, engaging tasks.
- conferencing and effective feedback with students
- Identify school wide, growth-based assessment language to guide student learning.
And continue the learning around previous goals:
- We will continue to use collaborative inquiry to design engaging, powerful and purposeful learning tasks for our students.
- We will continue to work collaboratively with parents and staff to help every family feel welcome and engaged in our community.